Sunday, May 06, 2007

Car Issues... It's Been Too Long

It's been a long couple of weeks. The weather bounced around like a yo-yo and on the way down I had an unpleasant "string snap" and got into a bit of a fender bender on a Wednesday's evening commute. It wasn't serious, but my driver's side headlight was wrecked.

No one was hurt and my insurance rate is staying status quo. But my car has seen better days. The next day I took it in for a estimate. I left the garage astounded at how much the repair costs to be... $2,200!

Being the ever industrious New Englander that I am, I decided that I could fix the damage myself, as long as I could get the parts I needed. Luckily I discovered a great website, one my mother entitled an "online junkyard", Carpartswholesale.com.

While the headlight relay took a week to arrive, it was worth the price and wait (They did not offer express shipping on the item). Thankfully, I had generous family and friends who let me borrow their cars in the meantime.

The car is not yet 100% but I am able to take it on my daily commute until I can buff out the fender and put a new hood on.

Grand Total for Repairs including car rental, gas, et cetera: $450.

No comments: