Friday, May 11, 2007

The Streak's Obituary

It had to end at some point, but I never expected the day to be so soon.

After 407 consecutive days of running, today I could not extend the streak.

While playing Softball last night (My team is still undefeated, 2-0-1) I sprained my ankle running to third. I overran the bag and while my foot tried to stay on, the rest of my body did not...

When I first started the streak, I said I would stop when my legs wouldn't let me continue. And although the need for crutches is a dead giveaway, it is still hard to let go. Over the past year+ I have learned a lot about life, myself, and others.

As I said when I hit the year mark, a lot has happened in a short period of time. And while I would like to be really inspirational and evocative, the whirlwind of thoughts in my head is playing with my ability to write.

In a week's time I will be running again, as to whether or not I start anew or find a new goal, that remains to be determined...

The End: May 11, 2007

No comments: