Thursday, November 02, 2006

Wednesday: Comic Book Day

So I wrote this post at 30,000 feet (I think that is the height at which a plane flies, I never claimed to be an aviations expert) as I was on my way to California for work. NOTE: Confirmed by pilot after landing also of note, it is not sunny here.

Yesterday was one of my favorite day of the week because it is the day that new comics are released. For three reasons I need to go on the day that they come out. I like to be one of the first to read a new issue, I am a creature of habit, and for the small run comics, I don't like to hunt them down, I like to get the last copy!

Because I am travelling, I actually haven't read any of the new releases (mostly because they would get damaged in transit) but I am very happy that the Fourth Volume of The Complete Epic of X-men: Age of the Apocalypse. I have read most of the stories already, and in my collection, I probably own a number of them. But when the event first took place I wasn't as religous in my purchasing. (God bless having discretionary income). I grabbed that, threw it in my bag and preceded to enjoy a great deal of it on my flight. I tear through comics like they are candy on Halloween, but this book is so heavy even I can't finish it in one sitting.

I wish I could link off to something other than the wikipedia article: Age of Apocalypse, not because I have anything against Wikipedia, in fact I think it is a great resource tool. I have spent days researching the backstories of a variety of things. I take everything with a grain of salt, but more often than not, it is because I enjoy the topics that are presented.

I look forward to discussing the new stuff in my next couple posts... especially my favorite artist, Chris Bachalo, who is currently working on the X-Men series, check out his work... I'll bring in more examples.

No comments: