Tuesday, January 23, 2007

300 and counting...

Today I accomplished something that I've never done... 300 consecutive days running at least 2 miles. I salute those who have set the mark and hope that I can work towards their lofty height... Run Every Day

Sometimes the trip has seemed to fly by and other times it drags out. I swear that the period of time between 250 and 300 seemed to stretch on for eternity. It's an interesting notion, the fact that I can count every day by runs. But some of those days are more significant than others. My wedding, the first day at my new job, and a few others spring to the front. Then there is the days where I ran just to run, I was unmotivated and didn't want to lose the streak.

But then I think of the toughest runner that I never met. Pre. He has inspired so many runners both in his own generation, and in the many that have followed. Every individual who laces up and treads on asphalt, mulch, grass, snow... even cinders wants to draw the qualities that Pre embodied. The sheer tenacity, style, and Rock Star persona of a man who would never lose.

So I decided to suggest reading some of his and other runners' great quotes and adding two that have helped me through the slower periods. Not sure if I can credit them to anyone... like to think that they are timmy originals.

If you don't think that you can, you're wrong.

When you remove the ability to accept excuses, you acheive (insert goal here).

Until next time.

No comments: