Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Ray Gun: Makes People Want to Get Naked!!!

Late breaking news at CNN.com...

The US Military today unveiled a ray gun that shoots a beam that made targets feel as their clothes are going to ignite. The ray is a sudden burst of 130 degree Farenheit heat which cannot penetrate walls and is not lethal. The military hopes that the new technology will save lives and lower the casualties of war. Because the gun uses millimeter waves, it can only penetrate 1/64th of an inch of skin which only causes discomfort.

And while I am all for technology that can bring peace to people, I am a little surprised that Raytheon and the Military spent so much money to create a ray gun. It seems the stuff of science fiction... I know that I want a lightsaber, but I'm scared of the loss of limbs that would occur if we actually had the technology to do that. At least it cauterizes the wound.

Back on topic, if I ever have one... 2010 will put the Ray gun into production. Not a big news reader, but I saw this story over the RSS and decided I had to post, if for nothing else that to type the word ray gun over and over again. (It just sounds so funny.)

Until then, I'll read a comic book.

No comments: