Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pre.

"A race is a work of art that people can look at and be affected in as many ways they’re capable of understanding."

-Pre

I have had barely any time lately to write down what I am thinking and it is killing me. I have finally caught on to the blogging bug and want to write as much as I can.

And while I have discussed running quotes in a previous post, I wanted to pick a good one to start with and work on. The fact of the matter is, when I run, I like to think of shatter not only my own understanding of my body but others' perceptions as well. Not only of me, but of themselves, the human body is resilient and adapts. That was is the same attitude that Steve Prefontaine ran with. He didn't care about winning, even though he did that a lot. But he cared even more about emptying his tank in the effort.

While my day to day runs are not a race. I know that I have been burning the candle at both ends and am feeling it. The cold weather and the day after day running is wearing me down to some extent, but when I go running it all seems to fade away. I need to do it. I need to shake off the cobwebs of a lack of sleep and a stuffy nose and just go.

Well, it's late and I have another long day ahead, join me on the roads tomorrow, you may not feel it at first, but at some point, you'll be happy you did. If you need help check here.

No comments: