Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wicked Wednesday... 50 to go.

It was a tough day. I'm on a tight deadline and was scrambling to get a project done. I got stuck in a meeting until well into lunch. And my run got pushed to the back burner. And burn it did.

My endorphin levels were waning and the day dragged on. Not to mention Wednesday night is my favorite, Lost has returned and my friendly neighborhood comic store is openned late and full of freshly printed issues.

But as 8:30pm approached I had yet to lace up... but the wait was not longer. Sure it was pitch black and cold, and I am sure that the wind would bite at my face. But we all know the streak takes some effort.

These are the tough ones. The runs that couldn't fit in my schedule, the ones that made me antsy. But as soon as I stepped outside, I felt at ease. Ready to go. I hit the streets ready to do a quick 2 mile run around the reservoir. Before I knew it I was detouring down the street and tacking on some minutes. I only ended up adding another half mile, but it felt good.

I know its weird, but I finally feel strong while I'm running. I feel more at ease and comfortable and despite the winter zapping my muscle, I still think my times are better than the milder fall. It only took the first 300 days to build up a comfortable base, even though I still have a bunch of bad days, but its the good days that keep me going.

And afterwards while logging the run, I realized that today was 315, which means I only have a trivial 50 to reach my initial goal of one year solid! I'm very happy and hope to surpass my goal and continue running as long as I'm able..

And because I'm ramped up, I am going to countdown at the end of each post.

50 days, 50 runs...

No comments: