Saturday, April 14, 2007

April 14, 2007: Step It Up!

My wife and I went to the John Hancock Sports & Fitness Expo. And while I was underwhelmed by the offering. Orange & black just isn't my color combo. I was hoping to see something great and spoil myself.

We walked down Newbury St. afterwards. In a number of the stores, especially Patagonia and North Face, I saw stickers and signs for Step It Up 2007. And while I was lax prior to today, I am excited to return home and see that it was a popular cross-country event to raise awareness and drive Congress to act.

What does Congress need to do? Cut Carbon 80% by 2050. This goal is very feasible. A 2% reduction each year will achieve it. And while many individuals are already on there way to contributing, many others need to change the way they live. And Congress can drive the country even further by enacting legislation to cause more rapid and grandiose initiatives for the environment.

I hope that many of you were able to participate in the actions, I wish I had known sooner.

No comments: