Monday, April 30, 2007

Massachusetts Technology Collaborative

I don't remember the show that I was watching at the time, but a commercial came on which caught my eye. The woman on screen was talking about how solar panels were being manufatured within the state of Massachusetts, making solar energy a great boon for the economy and the environment of the Commonwealth.

Since I started working in digital communications, I have focused more on the website at the end of the commercial. If I am really interested in what I saw or heard, I will go check it out. Granted I still live in an apartment, but solar options interest me for the future house. So I went to masstech.org, the website of the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MTC), the state's developmental agency for renewable energy innovation and economy.

The MTC operates several projects or subdivisions which invest time and money into renewable energy. Tht two main efforts, John Adams Innovation Institute and the Renewable Energy Trust. The John Adams institute is primarily focused on bringing technology into the state, be it an R&D facility or an innovative consumer product manufacturer, especially if their end product is hi-tech.

The Renewable Energy Trust has been established to educate and assist the Commonwealth's citizens with clean energy programs.

Since Gov. Patrick took office, the state has been strongly invested in both these endeavors as they are very forward thinking and collaborative, involving many.

No comments: