Monday, April 09, 2007

BIG NEWS: Tazby's A Girl!!

My wife and I spent most of the morning in a waiting room, and had I known it was going to be a long wait, I would have brought a book. Aside from the wait, the news was great. My scribble is going to be full of sugar, spice, and everything nice.

My wife and I are having a girl!

We couldn't be happier. I was really hoping for a little girl and for the last 18 weeks, Lisa would slip and call our bundle "she" so I knew where her mind was. The entire process was a little crazy, as tazby (what we have named our prenatal daughter, we have to keep one ace in the hole... a surprise for September) was uncooperative and kicking. I haven't decided if she takes after her mother or me. But after 45 minutes or so of anxiously watching all the movement and being shown the bones and organs that have developed to this point, we really wanted to know: Boy or Girl?

Most importantly, our future daughter appears healthy and has a strong heartbeat (future runner? maybe...). For a better perspective, read my wife's blog.

No comments: